Lost
I ask myself
Am I lost?
Or, am I found?
Why do I sometimes feel as though I’m tumbling quickly to the ground?
I try to catch my breath
Calm myself down
My whole life flashes before my eyes
I haven’t gotten to say any goodbyes
Life moves so quickly
It’s over in a flash
No time to sit and hash
Out the things that you didn’t do
Time just flew
You should have known
People told you it’d be like this when you’re grown
You have no time for your loved ones
No time for yourself
So one day you feel empty
Why couldn’t time have crept?
But didn’t I wish that the weekends would come faster?
I was wishing away my life
And now I’m in strife
For I’m lost all my life because I couldn’t slow down
Am I lost?
Or, am I found?
Why do I sometimes feel as though I’m tumbling quickly to the ground?
I try to catch my breath
Calm myself down
My whole life flashes before my eyes
I haven’t gotten to say any goodbyes
Life moves so quickly
It’s over in a flash
No time to sit and hash
Out the things that you didn’t do
Time just flew
You should have known
People told you it’d be like this when you’re grown
You have no time for your loved ones
No time for yourself
So one day you feel empty
Why couldn’t time have crept?
But didn’t I wish that the weekends would come faster?
I was wishing away my life
And now I’m in strife
For I’m lost all my life because I couldn’t slow down
I lived all my life with a frown

1 Comments:
At 11:45 AM,
Anonymous said…
I feel like this sometimes. I really like this one.
Post a Comment
<< Home